For Jennie

Let’s see… I wasn’t going to post anything until something of interest happened, but since Jennie is bored at work – always – I’ll try to write something to amuse her.

For the past few days, the weather here has been shit. You may have heard about it. If, however, you live under a rock, and have not, let me tell you. Um… it’s been raining. And, when the temperature falls below 32F, rain freezes. Yeah. That’s what happened. In the city in which I call home, the freezing line ran down the middle of the city. To the west, frozen; to the east, just cold rain. My sister has been without power for two days. Sux to be her. At it’s height, more than 150K customers were without power. Sux to be them.

I went on a date on Friday night. I don’t think she and I hit it off. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

You may have heard that in the past few days (a lot has been happening in this city) two kidnapped kids were found alive. One was kidnapped a week ago, while the other was snatched over four and half years ago. In addition to that being totally fucked up, it has been revealed that the kidnapped kid of four years has had several opportunities to escape. He rode his bike in the neighborhood, had a cell phone and access to the internet, and saw his missing child photographs during trips to the grocery store. Okay, I admit that I am not a child psychologist, but fuck. I remember being an 11 year old. I do not think that someone could brain wash me to the point that I forget who the hell I am, unless I would want to forget. Hmmm… I don’t know… the whole story is odd in so many respects. Oh, and for you people who think everyone from this city looks like those that have been interviewed on tv, please don’t. There are a few of us who don’t wear camouflage baseball hats, and who shave on a daily basis. God.

No more mice.

My work is starting a weight loss competition. It starts January 22 and runs (ha!) to the end of March. There are prizes (iPod shuffles, a flat panel tv, ect.) for individuals and for teams with the greatest percentage of weight loss. I already have my team. I was “instrumental” in forming it. I don’t want a fat ass who will give up by week two and gain weight. I am comfortable enough with all my teammates to say, if need be, “you better lose some more weight before next week’s weigh-in, asshole.” My boss is not on my team! Ha.

I’m watching the Golden Globe Awards. Um… shouldn’t Salma Hayek know how to speak English? She’s only been living in the US for like 40 years.

Labels: , , , ,


About this entry