Week's end
This is what I did pretty much all of Sunday. I initially thought about driving to my work to park, but half way there I realized that that would not be possible because there were soooo many people downtown for the parade. So, I parked just 3 blocks from my house and walked the rest of the way. Took like 15 minutes. Walking for a midwesterner is such a chore.
We arrived to the parade one hour before it begin. Yet, we were only able to secure a spot on the parade route that was five people deep. There was this lady with spikey hair in front of us. There were kids all around me. Can you say daycare? Day. Care. In the sun, it was pretty hot. The temperature rose to 70+F. One lady in front of me had on a turle neck. Dumbass. You know she probably stunk.
The parade started approx. 10-15 minutes late. Typical. I was getting antsy. Surprise.
After the parade, the battery indicator on my digital camera began to blink. First thought: FUCK ME. Due to this predicament, I was unable to take the pictures I wanted of 'tards all around me. The jeanshort. Why?
After the parade, we walked here. Thirty minute wait for the ATM and another 30 for food. Beers: $6. Watching a 40 yr old white chick dancing to Sir-Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back?" Priceless.
All-in-all, a fun Sunday.
Oh, I almost forgot. On Saturday, I was assraped (word credit) at the car dealership's service department. Cost: $605. I'm still sore. So, like a depressed woman, I went clothes shopping. I bought a zippered sweater, scarf, and dress socks.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “
- Published:
- 10/29/2006 10:58:00 PM
- by p.p.
0 Comments (Post a Comment)