Glad this day is over
I left work at 3:00 p.m. because I became irritated with my computer. This morning, after logging into my computer, I noticed that all my personal settings, profiles, bookmarks, and desktop icons had disappeared. IT told me that several people were experiencing this problem. Why is that I am among the “several” people when the incident is bad. Why can’t I ever be among the chosen several for good happenings? Oh, I don’t know, maybe like the lottery? Anyway, after rebooting a couple times, calling IT, and walking around the office surveying who else had this same issue, I spent the next hour discussing last night’s episode of “Lost.”
After a longer-than-usual lunch, I jacked around for another 2 hours, and took off. hmmm... As I walked out the door, I simply told the receptionist that my computer is fucked up. She didn’t care. Why would she?
In stead of going home and taking a nap, I decided to head to Marshalls. I really like that store. If you don’t, I think there might be something wrong with you. The closest store to my house is about a 10 minute car ride by highway. The area is predominately white, lower-middle class.
At the cash register, with a cart full of shit, I came upon a black couple arguing with the head of the customer service. She was denying their request to return a bunch of clothing. Per the customer service chick, the tags were not matching up with the type of item. For example, the $15.00 tag for shoes did not match the dress shirt it was attached to. Even from prospective, I could tell that the tags had been tampered with. After 5 minutes of making half-assed excuses, the couple – defeated – began to make disparaging comments about the lady. The last remark I heard was “piggy.” Haha.
Later, just a couple of hours ago, after getting an intense craving for Indian food (mmmm paneer), I got in my car to go to the closest restaurant that resembled Indian – Lebanese. But after the short 3 block drive, I realized it was closed! Gone out of business. It was bound to happen. When the sign above your restaurant reads, “Lebanese ‘Cuisene,’” it doesn’t bode well.
Then, proceeding down the road less traveled (by me), I came upon a Chinese restaurant. I wish I had my camera with me because – I shit you not – the name of the place was “Ho’s Food.” The irony is that the place didn’t take credit cards. What ho, in 2006, doesn’t take plastic? Cashless, I turned around and headed to the closest place I could see – Wallgreen’s.
In stead of buying some gum and using my debit card to withdraw cash for the Chinese, I decided to browse the aisles. In the end, I purchased a new tooth brush, tooth paste, yogurt for tomorrow’s breakfast, low fat orange sorbet, and a can of whole cashews. And, thus, my quest for foreign food ceased. For dinner, I ended up devouring a half carton of sorbet and a handful of cashews.
Jealous of how I roll? God help you if you are.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “
- Published:
- 10/05/2006 10:48:00 PM
- by p.p.
0 Comments (Post a Comment)