Reaction
I have never been able to study in a library. I learned early on that I needed excitement, variety, and sound in my surroundings. While at law school, I studied at Starbucks. The Starbucks right in the middle of KC's trendy area. It was at that coffee shop that I met "Slovak girl." I had seen her there before, but I had never heard her speak. The day I did, there was no denying in my mind that she was in fact Slovak. After she got off her cell, I walked up to her and asked whether she was Slovak. She said, yes.
Thereafter, she and I became pretty good friends. Nothing romantic. I was too busy, and she had a couple of serious boyfriends (not at the same time).
After I left KC, we, as many such friendships often go, drifted apart.
Then, nearly four years later, I received a call from my bother who had moved to KC a year before. He had called to ask me what that Slovak girl's name was because he went on a date with a girl, who, upon finding out that my bother was born in Slovakia, had my brother meet her.
He and she eventually became friends. She introduced my brother to other "internationals," and my brother did the same. Soon, this small group of people became friends. Actually, two months or so ago, my brother brought 3 of these friends with him to visit. One of them was Slovak girl. It was nice to see her again after those years.
Then, a few weeks later, he took her to Phoenix and Mexico to visit his friend from college.
During my visit to KC a couple of weeks ago, he told me over a few beers that he had sex with her while in Mexico.
Now, I did not do anything with Slovak girl, sexually that is. We were merely friends when I was in KC. But, nevertheless, I still felt a bit pissed (betrayed?) that he did not, at least, consult or ask me before he had sex with her. (I understand this may sound a bit odd.)
He did apologize for not asking. He did however tell me that he he would have called me if he had the opportunity. (They were in Mexico at the time.)
But it still kinda burns.
I don't have feelings for her. I know that. But the fact that my own brother would do this (her) without getting my consent is something that still bothers me.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “
- Published:
- 9/27/2006 11:07:00 PM
- by p.p.
0 Comments (Post a Comment)