Cars, cars...

Chrysler just announced that it is shutting down all North American plants for one month because sales are in the dumpster.  

This got me thinking... 

I decided that next year, mid year, I will purchase a new, used automobile.  Like a 2007 or 2008. Buying a new, new car is stupid.  I think.  

Anyway, I made a list of my top picks.  And surprise, there is not one American made car on the list.  

The list, in no particular order:

1. Acura TL
2. Saab 9-3 Aero
3. BMW 3 series
4. Infiniti G35
5. Nissan Maxima
6. VW Passat

I am heavily leaning toward the Saab.  

So, why not an American car?  Well, what American car compares to any of the above? A Cadillac?  I think not.  Too big.  Too boxy. Too blah.  

American car makers, if you cannot come up with cars consumers are willing to buy, copy foreign built ones.  Literally, copy.  

Oh, on a semi unrelated note, has anyone seen the new Dodge Caravan minivan?  The UGLIEST car on the road.  What happened?  Oy.  

Labels: , ,


About this entry