Dresser, not dress
For the past week, I have been on a hunt to find a dresser -- and possibly two nightstands -- that I like. "Like" is the operative word. My search has yielded nothing. I went to all the usual places, and nothing. (And, no this pathetic city does not yet have an Ikea.)This is what I am looking for (with the aid of bullets):
- Contemporary styling. This means not weird Victorian-inspired bullshit, and no Asian influences.
- Dark, dark wood. Almost black. I nearly punched a sales associate in the face last night who thought a dark'er' oak was what I wanted. No, bitch, stop trying to sell me your shitty-ass, cardboard, play furniture.
- Drawers that actually slide on their tracks. I went to Crate & Barrel, where, if I may add the cheapest dresser was $1,100, they had a dresser for nearly $1,500 that glided on its tracks like shit.
- I want the tall 5-drawer variety, not the short fat one. I don't want to do a lot of bending.
And, for those who don't know, I have two cats. And, I hate vacuuming. So, add those two things together and you get a hairy floor. (Wow, I sound like a filthy fuck.) Ok, so it's not that bad, but still... It's time to invest in bedroom furniture.
Oh, I also have to contend with the issue of my already-purchased headboard which I like a lot. Thus, I need to have the dresser, and potentially the two night-stands, match. A daunting task if you ask me.
Why do you all need to know all this? Because this my blog, and I wanted to ramble on and on this morning about nothing.
When I find the most perfect dresser ever constructed, I will let all you know. Until then, just sit on you hands and keep quiet. (Or, as kat did in the comments, suggest to me some great pieces. Thanks, kat.)
Labels: house
About this entry
You’re currently reading “
- Published:
- 11/15/2006 10:00:00 AM
- by p.p.
0 Comments (Post a Comment)