Blue is the new black

I don't think I could be any happier. I am thrilled that Missouri finally has shed some of it's red flare and had decided to pull it's head out its ass and vote for a democratic US Senator.

EVEN THOUGH the McCaskill campaign never called me back after sending them two notices of my intent to volunteer (burn, I know), I am not holding a grudge. How can I? She beat that weasel, Bush-supporting, asshat Jim Talent.

All seems right with the world. The sun is shining a wee bit brighter today.

Here is a breakdown of how Missouri voted by county. See that tiny little blue sliver in the eastern part of the state? That's the City of St. Louis. Where I live. McCaskill won the City 79% to 19%. Ha! The fucker didn't even set foot in the City.

I am also happy to say that the stem cell initiative that would amend the constitution is passing, with a few more votes to counts.

To the tune of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless America,” I've been humming "Proud to be [a democrat]" in my head since last night. That's what I get for going to bed a little after 1:30 a.m.

Labels:


About this entry